Einstein said, “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” Coming from a background of experience with both social and privatized health-care systems, I am convinced that simply adjusting socio-political methods for delivery is not enough to solve the current health-care crisis. The costs related to conventional medical approaches, which are disease-oriented and limited to surgery and pharmaceutical therapies, are out of reach of the wallets of many societies, rich or poor.
Medical health care needs first to be reformed at its base, as the real cost of healing is directly associated with how healing is practiced in this society. What I mean by its base is how doctors and health-care practitioners are initially trained and educated regarding the art of healing. One of the most important phenomena on my journey was to evolve from a linear medical model to a multidimensional model of healing, which brought me to the realization that the tremendous financial pressure that we are facing at this time in America can be released by gaining a deeper understanding of the human being. “No one knows the price we are paying for an incomplete medical education.” (Dr. Paul Drouin)
Let’s review some major components of the approach I am proposing to solve the current health-care crisis:
- Conventional and natural medical education must be redefined using the premise of an updated model of science based on the principles of quantum physics.
- New and ancient models of healing must be available through the health-care system as accepted possibilities for healing when they meet the requirements of this new model of science.
- We need an approach to medicine that is health-oriented, seeking the full potential of the individual, instead being limited by a fatalistic disease perspective of the individual.
- This new paradigm shift, already supported by a collegiality of doctors and scientists (Quantum University), must be available not only to other universities, but also to the public to actualize an updated view of health and the infinite possibilities of healing.
- The humanitarian component of this new medicine must be developed with sensitivity to the needs of our communities.
What I am proposing is to incorporate into the health-care system a radical view for implementing modalities of healing based on a deeper understanding of the reality of healing as revealed by an updated model of medical science, defined by quantum physics. (Creative Integrative Medicine)